Canlan Ice Sports - Oakville
Canlan Ice Sports Oakville is currently looking for a Program Manager
The Programs Manager is responsible for the management of all programs (inclusive of summer camps, learn to skate programs, volley ball programs, soccer programs (as examples)) within the facility. The incumbent provides energy, leadership and initiative in developing, growing and maintaining programs within the facility. This is balanced with strong customer service ability, team leadership and business acumen. Direct reports include Program Coordinators and the programs instructional team.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
SALES ABILITY, PERSUASIVENESS AND FOLLOW-UP:
- Monitors sales results and provide leadership / feedback as required.
- Assists with sales calls and presentations.
- Reviews plans to maximize revenues prior to implementing.
- Identifies prospective customers.
- Ensure effective use of the CLASS Customer Relationship Management tools.
PROVIDES MARKETING LEADERSHIP:
- Ensures development and implementation of facility marketing strategy and action plan.
- On an ongoing basis, identifies the current market social, demographic and corporate trends that may impact the Program Department’s ability to meet its objectives.
- Ensures all corporate marketing initiatives are implemented.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships to maximize revenue.
MARKET & SELL PROGRAMS
- With the Sales and Marketing Manager develop and implement program marketing strategy that supports the facility and the corporate strategic plan.
- Creates marketing initiatives /promotions for existing and new customers, including cross promotions.
- Manages and updates Website content for their respective facility.
IMPLEMENT & MANAGE PROGRAMS
- Identifies and justifies ice opportunities for programs, in conjunction with the Sales & Marketing Manager and GM.
- Responds to and troubleshoot issues outside of regular working hours.
- Ensures program equipment and supplies are in good working condition and adequate supplies available and properly secured.
- Ensures internal program and league ice is booked for upcoming season.
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Solid knowledge and experience in Ice & Other Sports (Hockey, Ringette, Figure Skating, Soccer etc.)including ability to teach and create lesson plans is essential as well as past playing experience.
- Creativity and innovation combined with excellent organizational skills.
- Previous event management experience is also an asset.
- Proven ability to prioritize effectively & work well with Customers, Co-Workers & Management.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Diploma or Degree in Business, Recreation, Facility Management or a combination of experience and education.
- 2 years successful experience in a Sports related business in a supervisory level position.
- Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, MS Publisher).
- Advanced knowledge of Marketing and previous Sales experience an asset.
If you are interested in this position and becoming part of the Canlan team please apply online.
ONTARIO CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canlan Ice Sports will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Canlan of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. Thank you.