POSITION TITLE: Tournament Convenor/Game Official (Seasonal) – Canlan Classic Tournaments
LOCATION: Oakville, Etobicoke, York, Victoria Park, Scarborough and/or Oshawa
To consistently provide exceptional customer experiences to Canlan Classic Tournament customers and to assist with event operations, as directed by the Tournament Coordinator. The Tournament Convenor is a direct link to the customers from Canlan Classic Tournaments (CCT) and Facility Managers.
Below is a brief summary of the core responsibilities for the Game Officials position.
· Scorekeeping: Arena scoreboard and online statistics
· Ensure tournament games remain on schedule
· Ensure players complete waiver prior to participation
· Completion of game sheets. Ensure accuracy and eligibility of players
· Customer service and general inquires
· Liaison on behalf of CCT to coaches, managers, referees and spectators
· Data entry of rosters into website
· Attentive to details while observing games
· Collection of outstanding payments
· Ensure accurate interpretation of tournament rules and suspensions
· Execution of memorable prizing presentation and awards
· First point of contact for any issues with officials, coaches or players on assigned rink
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
· Willingness and ability to work flexible hours (evenings & weekends).
· Strong knowledge of ice hockey rules.
· Team oriented with GREAT communication skills.
· Strong customer service qualities are required for this position.
· Good understanding of Tournament draws.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search required.
· Basic First Aid, CPR and AED certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
· Minimum one year of experience in a hockey related field in an operations capacity.
· Experience in customer service preferred.
· Enrollment in (or graduation from) a university / college in the Sports / Leisure Administration field preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software (esp. Excel, Word) and the Internet.
We thank all applicants for their interest and in Canlan Ice Sports Corp. as a possible employer. Please be advised that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted further
Please Note: This position requires a police background check and clearance with respect to persons working with and / or associating with youth and vulnerable persons.
Please Note: CCT will be reviewing all resumes and conducting phone interviews upon receipt of your resume. The official start date is March 25, 2017 with the contract ending Aug 31, 2017. With the hiring process beginning in Feb, this will allow time for paperwork & background checks to be finalized.
ONTARIO CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canlan Ice Sports will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Canlan of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. Thank you.