Canlan Ice Sports - Saskatoon
Canlan Ice Sports Jemini is currently looking for a League Convener for the ASHL
As a League Convener you will consistently provide exceptional customer experiences to League members and to assist with League operations, as directed by the League Manager. The League Convener is a direct link to the teams from the facility management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ensures a written account of important information is communicated to the League Manager—via the nightly Convenor Report.
- Ensures League registration fees (for teams and individuals) are collected in accordance with established payment policies and best-practices.
- Possesses an excellent working knowledge of current Hockey Canada (and/or USA Hockey) and applicable League rules.
- Strong working knowledge of online statistics hardware and software (including customer features, administrative tools and processes).
- Utilizing current booking protocols, the League Convenor is responsible for preparing the bi-weekly or monthly schedules for on-ice Officials (draft schedules to be reviewed and approved by the League Manager and Facility Referee-in-Chief).
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of suspension guidelines and processes. Assists the League Manager with the assessment, communication and enforcement of suspensions.
- Has proficient computer skills in: CLASS.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of Canlan brand features and competitive advantages (including online tools and services).
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours (evenings & weekends).
- Knowledge of hockey rules.
- Team oriented with GREAT communication skills.
- Good understanding of tournament draws.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum one year of experience in a hockey related field in an operations capacity.
- Experience in customer service and marketing preferred.
- Graduation from a university/college in the Sports/Leisure Administration field preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software (particularly Excel and Word).
If you are interested in this position and becoming part of the Canlan Team please apply online