This job posting is no longer active
POSITION TITLE: Tournament Coordinator
LOCATION: Canlan Ice Sports – York, Oakville, Etobicoke, Scarborough, Victoria Park and/or Oshawa
Canlan Ice Sports is the largest private sector developer and operator of recreational ice sports facilities in North America. The company's success in the recreation industry is attributed to a combination of innovative programming and world-class facilities. We understand our customers’ need for service excellence and are committed to it. In order to continue to build upon this success story, Canlan is dedicated to continually improving its people, its programs and its methods.
Below is a brief summary of the core responsibilities for the Tournament Coordinator position.
· Staff supervision; managing and overseeing game officials and referees
· Customer service and general inquires
· Promotion of upcoming events, restaurant, sports store and other Canlan and CCT offerings
· Review accuracy of posted scores and game sheets
· Advancement of teams to appropriate placement in playoff seeding
· Execution of memorable prizing presentation and awards
· Support social media team with content and images of players and teams
· Inter-facility communication as needed
· Ensure accurate interpretation and execution of tournament rules and suspensions
· Collection of outstanding payments and managing delinquent accounts
· Ensure tournament games remain on schedule
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
· Willingness and ability to work flexible hours (evenings & weekends).
· Strong knowledge of ice hockey rules.
· Team oriented with GREAT communication skills.
· Strong customer service qualities are required for this position.
· Good understanding of Tournament draws.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search required.
· Basic First Aid, CPR and AED certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
· Minimum one year of experience in a hockey related field in an operations capacity.
· Experience in customer service preferred.
· Enrollment in (or graduation from) a university / college in the Sports / Leisure Administration field preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software (esp. Excel, Word) and the Internet.
Please Note: This position requires a police background check and clearance with respect to persons working with and / or associating with youth and vulnerable persons.
This is a supervisory role and all new hires will work as Conveners, until the needs of the business and skills of the employee require these hires to move into a Coordinator role.
We thank all applicants for their interest and in Canlan Ice Sports Corp. as a possible employer. Please be advised that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted further. Primary preference will be given to local market applicants
Please Note: CCT will be reviewing all resumes and conducting phone interviews upon receipt of your resume. The official start date is March 25, 2017 with the contract ending Aug 31, 2017. With the hiring process beginning in Feb, this will allow time for paperwork & background checks to be finalized.
ONTARIO CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canlan Ice Sports will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Canlan of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. Thank you.