Canlan Ice Sports - Oshawa
Canlan Ice Sports Oshawa is currently looking for a Program Coordinator for a 6 Month Contract starting in March.
The Program Coordinator will work under the direction of the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the direction of specified programs and more generally to assist with the sales/marketing and execution of all programs as well as in-house youth tournaments.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Implements all on-ice drills and activities as set out in the Canlan Ice Sports Community Programs Manual
- Identifies & recruits the needed contract instructors for the various programs.
- Oversees program execution, assist with program creation or implementation, keeps an ongoing record of new drills and preparation of lesson plans for all programs.
- Continuously keeps inventory of equipment and replace the needed equipment regularly.
- Has strong teaching skills and understanding how to teach proper technique.
- Has strong communication skills with athletes, parents, and instructing staff.
- Sets clear expectations to other Head Instructors when needed.
- Is able to adapt quickly to the group’s needs (splitting up based on skill level).
- Has an understanding of proper progression when teaching.
- Is the voice of authority; continuous managing, leading and directing the instructors (where to stand, when to assist players-fix bad habits).
- Is able to multi-task on the ice.
- Manage the ice flow; from one drill to the next.
- Keep player movement at 70% participation at all times.
- Manage and direct the Instructors throughout the ice session.
- Manage and correct the athlete’s weaknesses.
- Is able to identify instructors ability as individual instructors and as a team.
- Is able to identify what training requirements are needed to improve and develop the current staff.
- Provides all instructing staff with a formal employee evaluation once a year.
- Has proficient computer skills in: CLASS, Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Ensures all Instructing staff have completed a Police Background check.
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours (evenings & weekends).
- Experience working in a sports or leisure environment such as hockey camps or other children/youth camps, or coaching children and/or adults.
- Good understanding of skating and hockey fundamentals.
- CHA Initiation Program Certified Instructor, NCCP Coach level certification, Can Skate certification and/or Basic First Aid training, (singularly or any combination) preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Experience in customer service or marketing.
- Graduation from a university/college in the Sports/Leisure Administration or kinesiology preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software (particularly Excel and Word).
If you are interested in this position and would like to become part of the Canlan team please apply online.
ONTARIO CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canlan Ice Sports will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Canlan of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. Thank you.